District 26-M2 Newsletter
Message from the District Governor Joe
I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to all the clubs for the warm welcome that we have visited so far this year.
I would also like to thank PCC Joe Foster for stepping up for the job of 1st. Vice Governor for the rest of this year. At our last cabinet meeting all reports were very helpful. Thanks for keeping others informed of what is going on in the district. We had a great trip to Leader Dog. A lot of Lions filled the bus, a great time was had by all. We are all looking forward to next year hoping another trip can be put together.
We are looking forward to the coming holidays. Check out the dates on the District Calendar.
As always if ay club in the district needs ANYTHING you can call me or any of the cabinet members, our phone numbers and emails are in the green directory.
Lion Joe Detter 26-M2
Message from 1st Vice District Governor
I would like to start this letter by saying Lion Michelle and I are honored the represent the district as 1st VDG of District 26-M2.
As the Lions year progresses we will join the DG team and look forward to working as a group to serve the great Lions and Clubs of our great district.
I look out my office window and watch the leaves fall so that means the holidays are right around the corner and clubs will be doing all the great things for their communities.
Please keep the convention in mind it will be here in a couple of months and it will be a good time as always.
1st VDG Joe Foster
Message from 2nd Vice District Governor
Hello Lions of 26-M2,
Firstly, Lion Jennifer and myself would like to officially welcome our new 1st VDG Lion Joe Foster and his partner is service Lion Michelle into their new positions. We look forward to working with you both.
It seems that we have had a LOT of inquiries about my Guiding Lion Program and whom can all come, so I thought I would summarize....
* Its open to ANY Lion that is in Good Standings with their Club.
* All Lions can be Guiding Lions, only past or current presidents can be Certified Guiding Lions
* It is a Huge opportunity to any Lion that wants to know the ; Who, What, When, Where and Why of Lions, and to also learn and brainstorm about membership, fund raisers, etc
It will be Saturday November 18, 2017 @ 9:30 AM
It will be held at the Hawkins House
1155 S. Rock Hill Road
Webster Groves, MO 63119
* We will have WIFI so bring your computer if you desire.
* The Cost will be $0.00. I will supply some drinks and if we decide we can always order out food for lunch as a group.
* By the end of the day we will have completed the LCI test and forms I believe that we should have at least one per club, I believe that anyone who seeks a future leadership position should attend.
Please contact me ASAP so that I can get a head count for the Day and have materials for everyone.
As always, I here for the District, Clubs and Lions..... if you need me contact me .
Yours in Lionism,
VDG George Winkeler
Deadline for the next issue of The Lions That Roar is
Now is the time to for you to get an article in spotlighting your club or a special event. Pictures will be used whenever possible. Do you want to share why you became a Lion? Maybe you can inspire others.
Send to Editor Lion Sue Templeton at firstname.lastname@example.org.